As a Senior Estimator, you will have the opportunity to work on our largest and most complex commercial electrical projects interfacing directly with the company's partners. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Your primary goal is to help us (profitably) win large projects. Your experience and attention for detail will help to ensure that we have covered all aspects of the job, while looking for opportunities to value engineer or buy down projects. You will sometimes be required to attend bid-walks.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data
- (Eventually) manage/supervise one or more other Estimators
You must have many years of experience with all of the following:
- Compiling Bid Documents
- Reading blueprints
- Composing take-offs
- Accubid experience - You must be an Accubid expert
- Estimating projects
You must very well organized and reliable to succeed as our Sr. Electrical Estimator.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and a minimum of ten (10) years of training and experience in electrical estimating.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About J. A. Lee Electric
J. A. Lee is a fast-growing contractor of commercial electric services. Specializing in wireless infrastructure services, we work with most of the country’s leading wireless carriers, neutral hosts and network integrators, providing a broad range of design, build and maintenance services.
J.A. Lee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.