The RF Field Technician is expected to be familiar with working on wireless carrier sites such as Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile/MetroPCS. He/she should also be a certified climber (either Gravitec or Comtrain), current CPR/First Aid, OSHA 10 and have completed RF Awareness training. Must be able to receive, analyze, and resolve problems within the wireless network in a timely manner with assistance from a higher level management or engineering, as required. This person will perform a variety of tasks to facilitate modification, repair, maintenance, and installation of communication systems, equipment, parts and accessories.
As an RF Field Technician for J. A. Lee you are required to be a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW). If you are not already a member, we will look into getting you membership. As an IBEW member you will enjoy all the benefits of membership including medical insurance, paid time off for holidays, pension plan, and more.
Develop proficiency in primary skills of customer relations, basic electricity, basic electronics, basic telephony, radio principles and basic principles of digital transmission, fiber communication, data communication, telephony terminology, industry standards, and online network control/maintenance systems
- Able to follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform routine maintenance on all radio interface equipment
- Develop proficiency with use of relevant wireless tools and test equipment
- Develop proficiency with inventory tools and procedures
- Able to perform duties related to generator deployment and set up
- Able to troubleshoot AC and DC power systems
- Provide service delivery and assurance of all radio interface network elements.
- Analyze symptoms for accurate isolation of customer and network problems
- Meet expectations with regards to behavioral and administrative facets of the position
- Should have capabilities with installation/repair and maintenance of antenna systems, base systems, battery back-up systems, microwave systems, multiplexers, remote controls and repeaters
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of wireless RF communications and principles
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to generate root cause analysis and failure analysis reports
- Ability to track returns through the repair process
- Ability to interface with customers
- Ability to multitask and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environments
- Ability to exercise flexibility and resourcefulness in challenging and perplexing situations
- Ability to accept project work in other locations outside of market
- Ability to work various shifts and be on call as required
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights
- Basic computer skills
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive long distances on and off road and to tow trailers
- A CDL classification may be required for some vehicles
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds independently and up to 90 pounds with assistance, if necessary
- Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases as well as structures over 150 and above.
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including but not limited to: rooftops, vaults, and all types of geographic locations
- The dexterity to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About J. A. Lee Electric
J. A. Lee is a fast-growing contractor of commercial electric services. Specializing in wireless infrastructure services, we work with most of the country’s leading wireless carriers, neutral hosts and network integrators, providing a broad range of design, build and maintenance services.
J.A. Lee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.